Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

BDSM Redefined



scared-after-dark-26653880-1280-800Looking at BDSM sites around the web, I find that they are all the same. Leather, bondage, gimp suits, and rubber. There’s more to it than just that, even Wikipedia knows this. These sites only show the generic things about BDSM that most people think about when they hear those four letters together. I’m not even into leather since I’m vegan. The common definition of BDSM is boring to me. Bondage of all sorts is fun but it shouldn’t be the main attraction. What are you going to do to them now that they are tied up? Are they excited to be bound, or terrified?

I love being a slave or being a master, but it’s not just about serving or being served, punishing or being punished. It’s the care a master takes in making her slave her own. It’s the way she establishes the relationship whether through gentle training or harsh punishment. Discipline is key with a slave. A slave is more like a pet who can be productive.

A slave sometimes wants to please her master, but sometimes wants to break free and run away. Who knows what master will do when she gets her slave in a corner? It is then up to her master to gain her trust or threaten a punishment she fears worse than losing her freedom. A master who cannot handle her slave is not a master at all.

Bringing it all together, I love BDSM, but also dark, occult, or terrifying sexual topics and acts. The goth sites interest me more. They are more diverse, more poetic, and more risque. They cover a broad range of gothic subcultures from lolita to the celebration of death, even gothic sexual extremes (most of which include at least one form of BDSM). I think I will be focusing more on them rather than other sexual sites unless I can find a real niche kink. I know of two websites like that, but I’m not telling… yet.